Why You Should Invest in an Applicant Tracking System performance
In today’s hiring market, it’s common for open job listings to receive hundreds of applicants, and it can be very difficult to manage the application process without a centralized system. An applicant tracking system (ATS) is a tool that keeps the process organized, provides a more consistent experience for applicants and helps prevent ideal candidates from slipping through the cracks.
Here’s what an ATS has to offer busy HR departments:
- Pre-screening – When HR receives resumes from multiple sources, the potential exists for even the best applicants to get misplaced. An ATS allows HR to set up pre-screening questions so only applicants that meet qualifications will be considered, saving a great deal of time.
- Form emails – An ATS provides form emails to communicate consistently with candidates. These form emails can be personalized for each applicant. The use of form emails ensures applicants are provided with the same information during the recruitment and pre-employment process and saves the recruiter from having to recreate the same message over and over again.
- Screening management – A tracking system simplifies the management of background screening, drug screening and references. This offers the added bonus of an easy transition of information into the employee file.
- Streamlined experience – A more streamlined experience for candidates means not only helping them onboard as employees, but also allowing them to easily become brand ambassadors.
- Sourcing data – The data collected and managed in the ATS can help HR understand where they should source future candidates from based on previous successful listings. Knowing which applicants are applying through which channels (Indeed, LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, etc) will allow HR to better manage their sourcing budget.
Used properly, HR departments with an ATS will see a reduction in time to hire and better engagement and communication with candidates, not to mention a more organized interview process.
« Return to "Trends"